Friday, July 11, 2008

The Baby-Sitters Club - Super Special #12 - Here Come the Bridesmaids! - Chapters 13-16

Okay, I know it's been a while since my last installment of this recap. I'm back now, so here we go!

Chapter 13

Dawn writes in the journal. She talks about what her dad and Carol were wearing. Neither one of those outfits were very Claudia-worthy, so I'm going to skip talking about them. Carol, Jack, Jeff and Dawn are on their way to the wedding.


They arrive at the wedding, Jeff complains about his tie, the guests all sing "Tis the Gift to Be Simple", Mary Anne cried. This is boring. The picture on page 149 is interesting. Dawn and Jeff both look a bit ridiculous, but Carol and Jack look nice. Awww. Okay, this was a sweet chapter.


Chapter 14

A Shannon Chapter! I've been waiting 14 chapters for this. I love Shannon! She writes in the journal from the Barret-DeWitt wedding She never wants to baby-sit at a wedding again. The Barret and DeWitt kids are fighting, blah blah blah. One of the ushers came over to the pew to show the kids a magic trick. A lady who wanted the usher to take her to her seat came from behind him and said "harrumph!", then Mallory came back from taking Madeline to the bathroom. Madeline was impressed with the wooden toilets.

The kids were being loud, other guests were getting angry, Ryan DeWitt didn't like the loud music, so Shannon took him out of the chapel. She had been given specific instructions that if any of the children were disruptive, to take them to the church nursery. Shannon ran to the back of the church, and came face to face with the wedding party. Boy, if I were walking down the aisle, and one of the guests showed up in front of me with a screaming toddler, that would really throw me off. Anyway, she misses the wedding, because she took Ryan to the nursery. When she descibes sitting in the nursery watching Ryan sleep. It makes me think of the nursery at the church I went to when I was a kid. They had a nursery (It was called the "Baby Fold") down the hall from the sanctuary.

Chapter 15

Stacey tells us her story of the Barrett-DeWitt wedding. She said that before that experience, she thought that weddings were easy. She thought the bride did all the work! She learns that she was wrong!

Anyway, the other bridesmaids were all older than her, but she said that they were very nice. When I was in my cousin's first wedding, which was about 12 years ago, the other bridesmaids were the groom's sisters and my cousin's childhood best friend. Most of them were older than me, except for one of the sisters. They were a nice group of girls.

Stacey tells us that Mrs. Barret looks great in clothes that she wears around the house, but in her wedding gown? Dazzling!

She tells us that the usher that she was walking down the aisle with gave her a smile. She tells us not to worry; he's around her Dad's age. This is when Shannon showed up in the middle of the aisle with Ryan. Whoops.

Mrs. Barrett makes it to the end of the aisle, and Marnie yells "Mommy!" The congregation laughs. The minister comments about how nice it was to have the children there to witness the marriage. If this were my church, he would have used a puupet. The minister at my church has a puppet that he uses for the children's sermon. It's name is Reverend Dr. Cool.

Anyway, Marnie stayed by her mother's side throughout the ceremony.

Chapter 16

Another illegible Claudia journal entry. Can't she type? One of the CA Diaries was typed, if I remember correctly. Plus, if Claudia typed, she could use spell check!

Guess what? The wedding had a Buffay table! Isn't that how Phoebe from Friends spelled her last name?

Anyway, Claudia tells us that the BUFFET looked wonderful. She went around taking candid shots with a camera that she borrowed from Mr. Schafer. There are a bunch of toasts, Carol sings a song,

Then Mrs. Bruen asks Claudia and Kristy to help her with something. They're going to surprise the Schafers with a Christmas tree!


...and that's enough for now. I'll be back with more sometime soon. It won't be as long as last time, I promise.

No comments: