Friday, July 11, 2008

My Boys - Thoughts ---CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Ever since it first aired in late 2006, I've been a big fan of the TBS sitcom My Boys. For those unfamiliar with the show, here's a breif recap: PJ Franklin is a 20-something sports writer for the Chicago Sun-Times. She covers the cubs. A tomboy at heart, she spends most of her time with her guy pals, playing poker or hanging out at Crowley's, their favorite watering hole.

Season 2 has begun, we now know that PJ chose Bobby as her date for the Italy trip. We also know that he didn't know that PJ meant it as a romantic gesture, and he is now engaged to Andy's Swedish nanny.

I have read some spoilers that state that PJ and Bobby will not end up together this season. Well, since he's getting married... all together now: OBVIOUSLY! But! This spoiler leads me to believe that there's still hope for future seasons. If spoiler sites are making a point to mention it, even with the knowledge that Bobby is marrying someone else, this leads me to speculate that the wedding won't happen. Of course, this is just a thought, maybe even just wishful thinking, but I'd really like to see PJ and Bobby end up together.

I know what you're saying. "But what about Brendan?!" Well, Brendan and PJ would make a great couple. I don't doubt that, but in most cases, the main character of books, tv shows and movies does not end up with her best friend. Looking back on season 1, even though PJ and Bobby had a rocky start, I love the chemistry that progressed with them throughout the season. Again, just a thought.

No comments: